Foreign Tourists Arrivals without the Need of Quarantine to Phuket will Start from 1 July Under the Phuket Sandbox Model. A Lot of Tourists who are interested in Traveling under this Model were worried about if everything on the Island Would not be operating and it would be a “Ghost Town” same as mentioned by Many on the Social Media Platforms.
However, the Thai Government has decided to Unlock and ease 10 of the Main tourism related activities that can be done on the Island as per below:
- Shopping malls and Department Stores will be Operating as per their Normal time Schedule (Pre COVID 19). The only things that wont be Operating and will remain Closed inside these malls are the Amusement Sections.
- Restaurants will be allowed to Sell Alcoholic Beverages and Food. Dine-in will be allowed until 11:00 PM. (Bars and Pubs will remain Closed)
- Convenient Stores (7 Eleven, Tesco Lotus, Family Mart,..etc), will be Operating as per the normal Time Schedule prior to COVID 19.
- Sports and fitness Centers will be reopened and operating as per their Normal time Schedules, with limited number of guests as per the New Normal Regulations.
- Beauty Salons Will be reopened and will be operating as per their Normal Time Schedule.
- Snookers and Billiard Centers will be allowed to Operate from 03:00 PM till 11:00 PM.
- Internet and Gaming cafes will reopen, and will operate as per their Normal Time Schedule.
- Cinemas, Waterparks, and outdoor theme Parks will be allowed to operate from 6:00 AM till 20:00 PM (Except any outdoor Activity existing in these theme parks, will remain closed)
- Parties and Gatherings Rules will remains same as per the Current Rules.
- Schools, Universities, and any other Teaching or educational Institute, will be be allowed to Reopen.