A very Important meeting took Place yesterday (12 of June) in Phuket. The Meeting was between The TAT Governor (Mr. Yuthasak Supasorn), his Team (3 Key Persons and Decision Makers for the Phuket Sandbox Model), and the Hotels Association of Phuket. The Goal of the Meeting was to Discuss Major Details and Guidelines for The implementation of the Phuket Sandbox Model from the 1st of July.
One of the Main Points Discussed during this Meeting (Also Called “Phuket Sandbox Workshop”) was the Process of Hotel Bookings’ Confirmation and How it will be related to the Submission for the COE (Certificate of Entry) Process.
The Process will be as follows.
- the Guest Reserves and Full Pays for his Hotel reservation through OTA, Travel Agency or Directly with the Hotel
- The Hotel will submit all the Data of the Booking into a Platform Called SHABA.
- The Hotel will Issue a sort of a Confirmation letter to the Guests so they can Submit through the COE Platform.
The Guest Part is Only to reserve and Pay for the Room, and Submit the required Documents (To be Finalized) needed for the COE Process.
What is The SHABA Platform?
The SHABA is a Platform Developed to connect the TAT (Tourism Authority of Thailand), the Hotels Association of Phuket and the Ministry of Tourism and Sports. It will help Keeping Track and monitoring all the Data of Bookings and reservations made for the Phuket Sandbox Model.
Other Points Discussed During the Phuket Sandbox Workshop:
4 Main Points have been Discussed during this Workshop between the Key Decision Makers.
- Marketing and Public Relations For the Phuket Sandbox.
- The Tourism Routes Allowed During the 14 Nights in Phuket.
- Control and Screening Measurements for Entering and exiting Phuket.
- The Importance of SHA Plus and its implementation with the Correct Regulations.
Another meeting will be held to Discuss further details related to the Phuket Sandbox Processes and implementations to start implementing immediately.