BTS Bangkok Skytrain is one of the easiest, Fastest, and most popular way of Transportation in Bangkok. The Skytrain is a Common way of Transportation for Local Thai Citizens and For tourists as well. The BTS has 2 main Lines: Silom Line and Sukhumvit Line. The 2 Lines intersect at Siam Station.
Bangkok is Very famous with its Traffic Jams and Crowded Streets. Sometimes to go from a Place to another by Car is not Practical. that’s why using the BTS Skytrain can be a very Good idea to save time and reduce traffic Jams Frustrations.
The BTS Skytrain is Also Connected to the MRT (Bangkok Underground Metro) in Several Station in Both Lines which makes the city more connected.
The Skytrain is Good for Tourists as it is connected to most of the Tourist Attractions and the Shopping malls in Bangkok. Below is a List of Some of The Tourists attractions and Shopping malls with their Closest BTS Station:
- Wat Arun: Station Saphan Taksin
- Grand Palace: Station Saphan Taksin
- Central World: Chit Lom Station
- Siam Discovery, Siam Center and Siam Paragon: Siam Station
- MBK Center: National Stadium Station
- Platinum Fashion Mall: Phaya Thai Station
- Chatuchak Market: Mo Chit Station
- Asiatique the Riverfront: Saphan Taksin Station
- Emquartier Shopping Complex: Phrom Phong Station
- Terminal 21: Asoke Station
- Siam Niramit: Asoke Station
- Dream World: Victory Monument Station
Tickets Prices and Passes
The Fare and Ticket prices of the BTS Sky Train in Bangkok Depends on how many Stations you will be Travelling Through. However, There is a One Day Pass Ticket available for Tourists that allows unlimited Travel using the BTS Station for just 140 Thai Baht.
Good To Know about BTS Bangkok
The Skytrain becomes very Busy During the rush hours when the employees start and Finish their work. These Peak Hours are From around 7:00 to 9:00 AM in the morning and Between 4:00 to 7:00 PM in The evening. So Try your best to avoid using the BTS during these timings.
The BTS Skytrain Start operating from 6:30 AM in the morning till Midnight.