After that the Royal Thai Gazette has approved the new 7 days Quarantine for the Vaccinated Tourists Traveling to Thailand, More details have been announced on how this new Quarantine will be implemented.
First of all, this 7 Days Quarantine will only be applied for the People who are vaccinated with the below types of vaccines: (so make sure that your Vaccine Belongs to one of them)
- ARS-CoV-2 Vaccine (CoronaVac) by Sinovac (2 doses needed)
- AZD1222 by AstraZeneca/Oxford (2 doses needed);
- AZD1222 by SK BIOSCIENCE – AstraZeneca/Oxford (2 doses needed);
- BNT162b2/CORMIRNATY – Tozinameran (INN) by Pfizer/BioNTech (2 doses needed);
- Covishield (ChAdOx1_nCoV19) by the Serum Institute of India (2 doses needed);
- Ad26.COV2.Sby the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson (1 dose needed),
- mRNA-1273 by Moderna (2 doses needed).
Second, the vaccinated traveler has to be vaccinated at least 14 days before arrival to Thailand, otherwise will not be eligible for spending the 7 days quarantine.
Process for Staying 7 Days Quarantine
The process is not as simple as most people think, you will need to go through some steps to be able to stay only 7 days in quarantine in Thailand.
- At the time of booking, even if you are vaccinated, you will still have to book and Pay for the 11 Nights Quarantine Package. As when you apply for the COE, quarantine confirmation with less than 11 Nights will not be accepted.
- Then, When arriving to Thailand at The Airport, The immigration and Doctors Team from the Ministry of Public Health will ask the Traveler whether They are Vaccinated or Not. If Traveler is Vaccinated, he will have to Present his Vaccination Certificate to the Immigration Staff and after that the Staff will decide whether the traveler will spend 7 days or 10 Days Quarantine.
- And Finally, In Case the Traveler will spend 7 days Quarantine, The Hotel will refund the Difference of The Amount to the Guest Upon Checkout
Why customer can’t book for the 7 days Quarantine from the Start instead of waiting for the refund
Most Probably, this way of implementation was chosen to make sure that the Certificate of vaccination is real and Correct. In order to do that , it has to be checked by health And immigration authorities. As hotel staff will not be able to identify the accuracy and whether the certificate is correct or not. This needs a professional team to go through.
Remark: Even Vaccinated Travelers have to buy Insurance Covering all the COVID 19 Treatment Expenses