Today, the 20th of January 2022, Thailand CCSA (Center for COVID Situation administration) has decided to reintroduce the Test and Go Model after nearly one and half months of Suspension Since the 22nd of December 2021. However, this Time, test and Go is Different from how it used to be earlier, as more restrictions have been added.
Below are the requirements needed for traveling under the Test and Go Model from 1 February:
- 2 Nights Booking at a certified SHA PLUS or AQ Hotel (The first Night will be on Day 1 upon arrival, and the Second Night is After doing the Second required PCR Tests on Day 5)
- Booking and prepayment of 2 Required PCR COVID Tests on day 1 and Day 5. (In Phuket, tests to be booked through PSAS, in Bangkok and Pattaya to be done through the Hotel)
- Purchase of Required Insurance Covering at Least 50,000 USD For COVID 19 treatment expenses
- Applying and being approved for Thailand Pass before Traveling.
- Being fully vaccinated at least 14 days before departure from The Country of Origin.
- Negative PCR Test done within 72 hours Before Departure from Country of Origin.
Before the 22nd of December, Travelers entering Thailand under the test and Go Model were only required to undergo 1 PCR Test upon arrival. However, this time 2 tests are required, One upon arrival on Day 1, and the Second one on day 5 after your arrival.
People traveling from all countries are now allowed to join the Test and Go Model. Before the 22nd of December, only Countries from the Low Risk list were allowed to join. The SHA Manager at each Hotel is responsible to monitor and keep track of the Guests to come back and do the Second test and overnight at the Hotel as required. This will also be tracked through the Morchana mobile application which is required to be downloaded before or upon arrival.