After today’s meeting between Thailand’s Prime Minister, Mr. Prayut Chan-o-cha and the Committee (CESA – Center for Economic Situation Administration in Thailand), There have been some updates and modifications regarding the rules for implementing the Phuket Sandbox Model starting from the 1st of JULY 2021. These rules are:
- For tourists who are willing to move to other Provinces in Thailand when Coming under the Sandbox Program, They have to stay a minimum of 14 Nights in a SHA PLUS Hotel in Phuket before moving to any other Province.
- For the Tourists who are coming just to Phuket without the need of visiting other Provinces in Thailand, they can stay any duration they want in a SHA Plus Hotel under the Phuket Sandbox Rules (no minimum stay required).
- Non Vaccinated Children Aged Between 6 Years Old and 18 Years old traveling with their Parents have to undergo an Rapid Antigen Test upon arrival at Phuket international Airport under their own Expenses.
- Non Vaccinated Children Aged Between 0 to 6 Years Old, will not need a Rapid Antigen Test upon arrival.
- Tourists Traveling to Phuket under the Sandbox Model have to do 2 PCR Tests. The First one on Day 6 and the Second One on Day 12 in case of Staying 14 Nights.
- Regarding Traveling to Phi Phi Island, Phang-nga and Koh Yao, it has been postponed until Further Notice. Which means that Tourists cannot go out of the Island Even for one day trip during these 14 Nights.
- The Vaccines that will be accepted have to be accepted by Both: Thailand’s Food and Drug administration and the WHO (World Health Organization).
- Tourists are Allowed to Change their Hotel after the First 7 Nights to another Hotel. All of the Hotels booked have to be SHA Plus Hotels.
- Bars and Clubs will remain Closed until the end Of Q3.
- For the People Who own a House or Condo in Phuket, They still have to Stay 14 Nights in a SHA Plus Hotel first before moving to their Houses
Click Here for more About Phuket Sandbox.
(As per Official Guidelines from Tourism Sources)