For People who are already in Thailand and Planning to Visit Phuket, either Thai or Expats, they will have to Present one of the Below 3 Requirements to be able to enter without the need of 14 Days Quarantine:
- Travelers have to be either Fully Vaccinated with one of the COVID 19 Vaccines approved by the Royal Thai Government, or to have received one dose of the Astra Zeneca Vaccine. (The One Dose only Applies for Domestic Travel, However, for People Coming to Phuket From overseas, they have to be fully vaccinated even with the Astra Zeneca Vaccine to enter under the Sandbox Model)
- Travelers have to be tested Negative for COVID 19 (Either by Antigen Test or RT PCR Test, for not more than 7 Days before the Date of Arrival to Phuket. They Also have to Present the Hard Copy of the Test Certificate, Otherwise it will not be Approved.
- In Case the traveler has already been infected by COVID 19 for no Longer than 90 days before the Date of Arrival to Phuket, then he/she can enter without the Need of Providing a Test nor Vaccine Certificate. Traveler will have to provide a Medical Document or Doctor Certificate Proving that he/she received the necessary Treatment for COVID 19.
All the Above 3 Points will not be applied for Children under 5 Years old.
Screening Measures for Entering Phuket:
- Download and Install the MOR CHANA Application
- Register your Travel to Phuket on gophuget.com
- Self-Monitoring: Traveler should be Observed According to the Preventive Measures to Control any Risk of Potential Spread of COVID 19. Traveler also has to avoid traveling to areas where there are a lot of Gatherings.
In case the traveler is not able to Provide Official Documents Proving the Above mentioned Requirements, he/she will have to Quarantine for 14 Days.
The Above Requirements and rules to be applied starting from the 1st of June 2021 and During the Implementation of The Phuket Sandbox Model.
According to: Phuket Public Relations Department.